This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A gluten-free recipe for almond flour pumpkin muffins using grain-free flours, dates, and nuts.
I’ve been craving pumpkin muffins lately, so I came up with a grain-free version made with almond flour and dates. These gluten-free muffins turned out moist and flavorful. They also freeze well in an airtight container. Just wrap individually before freezing, then thaw overnight in the refrigerator and enjoy. These grain-free pumpkin muffins make the perfect snack.
Grain-Free Almond Flour Pumpkin Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
1/3 cup butter (can use coconut oil, melted and cooled)
1 cup of coconut sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (can also use almonds or pecans)
1 cup pitted and chopped dates
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream butter and coconut sugar for a minute or so and then add eggs, pumpkin, and coconut milk. Blend well. In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients, except nuts with a whisk until well incorporated. Add to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in nuts and dates. The batter will be pretty thick.
Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes. Check muffins at 25 minutes and continue cooking until a toothpick comes out clean.
These pumpkin muffins are delicious spread with pastured butter!
*To reduce the carbs in this recipe, you can use 1/2 cup of dates or leave them out altogether.
This post has been updated on March 23, 2020 from the original post published April 28, 2013.
Almond Flour Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/3 cup butter can use coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts can also use almonds or pecans
- 1 cup pitted and chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and coconut sugar for a minute or so and then add eggs, pumpkin and coconut milk. Blend well.
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients, except nuts, with a whisk until well incorporated. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir with a large spoon until well combined. Stir in nuts and dates. Batter will be pretty thick.
- Spoon into paper lined muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes. Check muffins at 25 minutes and continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.