Looking for a unique summer dish? This Blueberry Pineapple Salad is the perfect sweet and savory summertime salad.
I decided to make my first food video for this Blueberry Pineapple Salad. I’m loving all the food video tutorials online, but I’ve been so intimidated to make them myself. I have so many fun tips and great recipes to share and it’s such a great way to introduce a recipe and make things simple to understand. Being a very visual learner myself, I can see why there’s such a draw to watching step-by-step instructions for making recipes.
I just need to start creating and refine my craft as I go, it’s better to dive in and JUST DO IT than to contemplate it and never start. It’s kind of like my old food photography photos, they are so bad. It makes me cringe to go back and see my original content, but it’s also fun to see how far I’ve actually come in the last 5 1/2 years. It’s part of the learning curve.
One of the ingredients I used in this summer fruit salad is fresh lemon thyme, it adds a nice citrus flavor to contrast the sweetness of the honey and fruit. It smells and tastes just like lemon. I grow it every summer and love to add it to dishes where I’m looking for lemon flavor.
It’s also delicious in pastries and muffins. If you don’t have it or can’t find it, don’t sweat it because it’s still tasty without it. You’ll get all that great lemon flavor from the fresh lemon juice and zest. If blueberries aren’t your thing, another summer salad favorite is the Strawberry Spinach Salad with Agave Poppyseed Dressing. So delicious and good for you!!
This blueberry pineapple salad is made with just a few simple ingredients.
Blueberry Pineapple Salad
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup very finely diced celery
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped (can also use slivered almonds)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- *1 tsp fresh lemon thyme and more for garnish (optional)
- Blend yogurt, cream cheese, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, lemon thyme (if using) and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth and creamy
- Stir in remaining ingredients and garnish with a sprig of lemon thyme, if desired.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
by Amee Livingston