I mean, how cute are these cookie pops?! I found the inspiration for this Thanksgiving craft dessert recipe while browsing Pinterest (which I am completely addicted to) and wanted to make them for the kids.
My daughter's teacher asked me to come in and make a Thanksgiving snack with her class. I knew that these Thanksgiving treats would be perfect for kids to make. These guys are simple to put together and make a pretty tasty snack.
The best part of all, for those of you that don't like to bake or have time to whip something up from scratch, they are made with ready made ingredients. Super easy peasy. Kids will have fun making these Oreo turkey cookies on a stick and eating them, too. Gobble! Gobble!
How To Make Easy Oreo Turkey Cookies
What supplies you'll need for this Thanksgiving food craft:
- 12 Double Stuffed Vanilla Oreos
- 12 mini Nutter Butter Cookies
- 24 candy eyes
- 72 pieces of candy corn
- ¼ cup melted white chocolate
- 12 lollipop sticks (you can find these at local craft stores)
- small cellophane bags (if packaging)
- thin brown ribbon (for tying bags)
Simple Directions for assembling these little guys:
- First, melt the white chocolate according to package directions. I use a Wilton Chocolate Pro for melting chocolate for recipes. It's easy and gets the chocolate to the perfect temperature to work with, but you can also do this in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Second, attach the mini Nutter Butter cookie to the Oreo with melted chocolate.
- Next, dip the end of each lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and insert in the bottom of each of the Oreo cookies
- Attach the eyes with melted chocolate and then arrange the candy corns around the top of each cookie dipping the narrow end in the chocolate to make the "feathers"
- Cut the end off the candy corns to make the beak and attach with melted chocolate to each cookie
- Allow melted chocolate to set completely before serving or handling
After you've assembled your cookies on a stick, allow the icing to set and place in a small bag tied with a ribbon. If you are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner, these guys would make a tasty take home gift for your guests.
A few more fun food crafts for kids that you might enjoy are these fun Surprise Inside Peanut Butter Chocolate Owl Cupcakes, Carnival Clown Cupcakes and Cheesy Witches Broomsticks.
Turkey Oreo Cookie Pops
- 12 Double Stuffed Vanilla Oreos or organic vanilla sandwich cookies, but Oreo brand are easier to work with
- 12 mini Nutter Butter cookies
- 24 candy eyes I bought mine at a local bakery
- 72 pieces candy corn
- ¼ cup melted white chocolate
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions.
- Attach 1 Nutter Butter cookie to 1 vanilla sandwich cookie using melted white chocolate as "glue".
- Dip the end of a lollipop stick in melted chocolate and insert into the bottom of a sandwich cookie.
- Attach eyes with melted white chocolate, then arrange candy corns around the top for the turkey feathers.
- Cut the end off of one candy corn and use melted chocolate to attach to Nutter Butter for his beak.
- Repeat steps for each turkey cookie pop.
- Wrap in cellophane and tie up with a ribbon, or eat immediately and enjoy.