How cute is this little turkey?? I found the inspiration for these turkey cookie pops while browsing Pinterest (which I am completely addicted to) and wanted to make them for the kids. My daughter’s teacher wanted me to make a Thanksgiving snack with her class, so these treats would be perfect. Best of all, for those of you that don’t like to bake, they are made with ready made ingredients. Super easy peasy. Kids will have fun making these cookie treats. Gobble! Gobble!
Turkey Cookie Pops Recipe
adapted from Heather Ann Melzer
- 12 Double Stuffed Vanilla Oreos or organic vanilla sandwich cookies, but Oreo brand are easier to work with
- 12 mini Nutter Butter cookies
- 24 candy eyes I bought mine at a local bakery
- 72 pieces candy corn
- 1/4 cup melted white chocolate
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions.
- Attach 1 Nutter Butter cookie to 1 vanilla sandwich cookie using melted white chocolate as "glue".
- Dip the end of a lollipop stick in melted chocolate and insert into the bottom of a sandwich cookie.
- Attach eyes with melted white chocolate, then arrange candy corns around the top for the turkey feathers.
- Cut the end off of one candy corn and use melted chocolate to attach to Nutter Butter for his beak.
- Repeat steps for each turkey cookie pop.
- Wrap in cellophane and tie up with a ribbon, or eat immediately and enjoy.