Halloween is synonymous with candy and treats galore, but there are plenty of healthier options that are fun for kids to eat and make. A few ideas are Monster Joe’s (a twist on sloppy joes), Monster Mouths (a fun, healthy snack), The Vomiting Pumpkin (great party appetizer) and these Not-So-Scary Monster Face Pizzas (lunch or dinner recipe). Those are a few of my healthy Halloween favorites from the archives. These Cheesy Witches Broomsticks are really simple to put together, you only need a few ingredients. I saw this idea in Kroger’s MyMagazine and thought it was too fun not to share.
“When Witches go riding
and black cats are seen
The moon laughs and whispers
Tis near Halloween!”
Three simple ingredients is all you need…
These Cheesy Witches Broomsticks are ready to fly….into hungry little mouths! Happy Halloween!
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks cut in half
- 8 pretzel sticks
- fresh chives
- After cutting cheese sticks in half, start making small slices in the cheese about half way down (you don't want to go too far up, since you'll need to cut a whole in the top
- Pull slices apart to create the broom effect
- Using a large toothpick, create a whole in the top of the cheese for the pretzel stick
- Press pretzel stick into the cheese and wrap the cheese with 1 chive
- Make a knot with the chive and serve