A healthy Halloween snack recipe for Cheesy Witches Pretzel Broomsticks that are fun for kids to eat and make with only three simple ingredients!
Halloween is synonymous with candy and treats galore, but there are plenty of healthier options that are fun for kids to eat and make. A few ideas are Monster Joe’s (a twist on sloppy joes), Monster Mouths (a fun, healthy snack), The Vomiting Pumpkin (great party appetizer) and these Not-So-Scary Monster Face Pizzas (lunch or dinner recipe).
Those are a few of my healthy Halloween favorites from the archives. These Cheesy Witches Broomsticks are really simple to put together, you only need a few ingredients. I saw this idea in Kroger’s MyMagazine and thought it was too fun not to share.
“When Witches go riding
and black cats are seen
The moon laughs and whispers
Tis near Halloween!”
How To Make Witches Broomsticks Out Of Pretzels And Cheese
There are only three simple ingredients you’ll need to make these healthy Halloween snacks for kids. This fun Halloween food craft for kids is easy enough for them to make!
You can keep the kiddos occupied and entertained assembling this cheesy snack. Not to mention, they’ll love gobbling them up!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Mozzarella Sticks, cut in half
- Pretzel Sticks
- Fresh Chives
How To Assemble The Witches Brooms:
- After cutting cheese sticks in half, start making small slices in the cheese about half way down, leaving some room at the top (you don’t want to go too far up, since you’ll need to cut a whole in the top)
- Pull the slices apart to create the broom effect
- Create a hole at the top with a large toothpick for inserting the pretzel stick
- Press the pretzel stick into the cheese and wrap the top of the broom with one chive
- Repeat with remaining ingredients
- Enjoy as a nutritious Halloween snack!
These Cheesy Witches Broomsticks are ready to fly….into hungry little mouths! Happy Halloween!
Cheesy Witches Pretzel Broomsticks
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks cut in half
- 8 pretzel sticks
- fresh chives
- After cutting cheese sticks in half, start making small slices in the cheese about half way down (you don't want to go too far up, since you'll need to cut a whole in the top
- Pull slices apart to create the broom effect
- Using a large toothpick, create a whole in the top of the cheese for the pretzel stick
- Press pretzel stick into the cheese and wrap the cheese with 1 chive
- Make a knot with the chive and serve