Monster Sloppy Joes are a fun twist on traditional sloppy Joes, perfect for a kid-friendly Halloween dinner. This easy pasta recipe is made with ground beef and cheese and stuffed in a cooked jumbo pasta shell.
What’s not to love in these little googly-eyed guys?! Cooked pasta shells oozing with cheesy sloppy Joes filling are sure to win smiles. Kids loved getting involved in the kitchen and making their own tasty monster creations.
This Is A Fun Halloween Recipe Craft For The Whole Family
You can make this a fun DIY dinner and let everyone assemble the monsters themselves. I like to put everything out, buffet-style, so each person can build their own crazy little Joes.
I used green olives for the eyes and sliced red peppers for the tongues. However, you can change it up with so many other ingredients. Black olives, different colored peppers, roasted peppers, jalapenos (for a spicy kick) are all great possibilities. Feel free to add your own twist and be sure and tag me on Instagram @ameecooks with your spooky creations!
When kids use their imagination in the kitchen and are involved in the preparation, special memories are made and new skills are born. Especially, when it’s a fun themed meal that’s tasty to eat and entertaining to make.
This recipe is made with an easy recipe for Homemade Sloppy Joe filling and will be a fun conversation starter at your next Halloween party or family dinner.
Cheese lovers, you can top these guys with extra cheese and throw them under the broiler until melted before adding the toothpicks and eyes for extra gooey goodness.
This Not-So-Scary Halloween dinner recipe is sure to win smiles!
Monster Joe’s….A “Not-So-Scary” Halloween favorite
- Recipe for Homemade Sloppy Joes *see above
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells cooked according to package directions
- 1 8 oz block cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green olives for eyes
- 1 red pepper sliced in strips for tongue
- toothpicks for placing eyes on shells
- Slice a red pepper into strips and cut an upside down "V" for the tongue
- Prepare shells according to package directions
- Separate shells on a parchment lined cookie sheet and set aside
- Prepare sloppy joe filling, according to recipe in post link
- Before removing sloppy joes from the cooktop, stir in shredded cheese until melted
- Spoon filling into shells
- Decorate your monsters adding eyes and tongue