Monster Sloppy Joes are a fun twist on traditional sloppy Joes, perfect for a kid friendly Halloween dinner.
What’s not to love in these little guys?! Cooked pasta shells oozing with cheesy sloppy Joes filling are sure to win smiles.
You can make this a fun DIY dinner and let the kids stuff and assemble the monsters themselves. Special memories are created when kids can be creative and take part in the preparation. Especially,when it’s a fun themed meal. This recipe is made with a Homemade Sloppy Joe filling and makes a perfect Halloween dinner.
After you make this festive Halloween dinner recipe, please take a photo of your monster sloppy Joes and share it on my Facebook page!
- Recipe for Homemade Sloppy Joes *see above
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells cooked according to package directions
- 1 8 oz block cheddar cheese, shredded
- Green olives for eyes
- 1 red pepper sliced in strips for tongue
- toothpicks for placing eyes on shells
- Slice a red pepper into strips and cut an upside down "V" for the tongue
- Prepare shells according to package directions
- Separate shells on a parchment lined cookie sheet and set aside
- Prepare sloppy joe filling, according to recipe in post link
- Before removing sloppy joes from the cooktop, stir in shredded cheese until melted
- Spoon filling into shells
- Decorate your monsters adding eyes and tongue