Maple Pecan Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oatmeal makes a nutritious and hearty breakfast that's both satiating and delicious. Pair it with a healthy protein source and you've got a great well-rounded meal!
Hands down, my Instant Pot is my newest cooking gadget obsession. If you don't have an Instant Pot, this recipe will work fine in a regular pressure cooker. If you do have an Instant Pot, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. How easy and amazing is this cooking tool?!! Every recipe turns out great that I've tried and I'm learning every day just how much this multi-purpose cooker can do, like make steel-cut oatmeal for breakfast and meal prep.
Quick Instant Pot Tip
One thing that I would suggest is having a separate silicone ring for cooking grains and desserts and another for all of your savory dishes. The rings tend to hold onto the aroma of whatever you're cooking, even after being cleaned. You don't want your oats tasting like leftover pot roast, definitely not the most appealing combo. 😉
Why you'll love this recipe
- Time Saving-Making steel cut oats in an instant pot significantly reduces the cooking time compared to traditional stovetop methods. Instant pots use high pressure and heat to cook the oats quickly, allowing you to enjoy a hearty breakfast in a fraction of the time.
- Minimal mess- preparing oats in the Instant Pot eliminates the need to stir or deal with the mess of a pot boiling over.
- Perfect consistency- with this method, you'll have evenly-cooked oats with the perfect texture every time.
- Convenience- The instant pot provides a set-it-and-forget-it approach to cooking. Once you add the oats and water to the pot, you can simply set the timer and let it do its magic. This allows you to multitask or attend to other morning routines without constantly monitoring the oats on the stovetop. Perfect for meal prep!
Ingredients you'll need
- Steel-cut oatmeal- also called Irish oatmeal, pinhead oats, or coarse oatmeal. Steel-cut oats are groats, the inner kernel with the hull removed. They have a nuttier flavor and a more coarse and chewy texture than regular whole oats. Since they require a longer cook time than whole oats, the Instant Pot is a great tool to prepare them. For gluten-free, make sure to use certified GF oats.
- Milk- I use unsweetened almond milk for this recipe, but regular milk or other non-dairy milk options should work well for this recipe.
- Salt- highlights the flavors and brings out the sweetness in this recipe.
- Vanilla extract- adds incredible flavor to the oats.
- Maple syrup- make sure to use good-quality real maple syrup. A little goes a long way, and this natural sweetener adds a delicious caramel-like flavor that is the perfect complement to nutty oats. It also is a good source of vitamins and minerals.
- Pecans- you'll want raw pecans for toasting.
How To Make Maple Steel-Cut Oats in the Instant Pot
This recipe couldn't be easier, since steel-cut oatmeal cooks quickly in the Instant Pot. You only need 3 minutes on the manual high-pressure setting.
Step 1. Spray the inside of the Instant Pot with cooking spray. I use an olive oil spray, but avocado oil spray works great here, too.
Step 2. Add all ingredients, except the pecans, and stir to mix.
Step 3. Set Instant Pot on Manual high pressure for 3 minutes.
Step 4. Release naturally for 10-15 minutes. While oats are cooking, heat a sauté pan on medium heat. Add pecans to the dry skillet (no oil) and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes until the nuts are fragrant and lightly toasted.
Look at how creamy and amazing these oats turn out!
Top with toasted pecans and an extra drizzle of your favorite natural maple syrup. You can also leave out the syrup in this recipe and add chopped apples, raisins, or dates for another natural sweetener alternative. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy. This recipe can be so versatile.
Throw a batch of these hearty oats in the Instant Pot for a lazy weekend breakfast or weekday breakfast on the run. For all of my oat fans, you should also try this easy blueberry baked oatmeal recipe, and pumpkin spice baked oatmeal. Two meal prep favorites in this house! For an all-in-one oatmeal bowl with protein and carbs, peaches and cream protein oatmeal and overnight Greek yogurt protein oatmeal are personal favorites.
If you love this steel-cut oatmeal Instant Pot recipe, I would be so grateful if you could leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below. I love reading your comments and feedback!
Maple Pecan Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- ½ cup raw pecans toasted
- olive oil cooking spray
- Spray the inside of the Instant Pot with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients, except pecans, and stir to mix.
- Set Instant Pot on Manual high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Release naturally for 10-15 minutes.
- While oats are cooking, heat a sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add pecans to the dry skillet (no oil) and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes until nuts are fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Serve oats with pecans, butter and a little extra drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
- Easy Instant Pot Crack Chicken - December 6, 2023
- Easy Hot Cocoa Mug Cake (Gluten-Free) - December 4, 2023
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023