This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Move over Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, we have a healthier latte! This homemade pumpkin spice latte is delicious, made with real pumpkin puree and coconut sugar, a natural sugar substitute. *I was provided product for my review. All opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
I used my new Keurig Elite Brewer to make this recipe*. It is super convenient and only requires one coffee pod to make two latte servings. I’ve owned a Keurig for the last 7 years and it has been one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. I was thrilled to update to this newer, quieter model with a filtration system and descaling feature. Since I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning, nothing is wasted when I can brew a single cup.
When making this pumpkin spice latte, a good bold roast coffee is best for great flavor.
Enjoy the latte with a healthy snack, like peanut butter chocolate chip protein bars.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp whole milk
- Combine all ingredients, except coffee, in a microwave safe container
- Stir to blend well and cook on high for 1 minute (can also do this on the stovetop, whisking until hot)
- Stir mixture and set aside
- Divide coffee between two mugs and pour pumpkin mixture on top using a fine mesh strainer to catch any remaining pumpkin pulp
- Garnish with cinnamon or freshly grated nutmeg and enjoy