This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
*This recipe post for Meal Prep Sheet Pan Greek Meatballs with Vegetables is a collaboration with Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner., on behalf of the Beef Checkoff, as part of my role as a compensated member of the Beef Expert Bureau. However, all opinions are my own and not influenced in any way.
Meal Prep Sheet Pan Greek Meatballs with Vegetables is a delicious and easy meal prep recipe using ground beef and Mediterranean spices. It's a perfect make-ahead meal for your weekly meal prep!
I love the flavors in traditional Greek cuisine and creating Mediterranean-inspired recipes that are simple, delicious, and support our healthy eating goals. These sheet pan Greek meatballs with vegetables are perfectly spiced with a Mediterranean flair. Not to mention, they are incredibly moist and flavorful! Beef is one of my favorite protein sources for its leucine content that enhances muscle growth and recovery. A Mediterranean-style eating pattern is one of the most popular eating patterns out there. It often involves eating more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts/seeds, and olive oil. Here’s the good news: recent research shows that you can include fresh lean beef and pork in a Mediterranean-style eating pattern and improve your heart health. As you can see from my blog, we are pretty big beef fans around here.
How To Make Greek Meatballs
I ventured away from traditional breadcrumbs in this meatball recipe and used ground pita crackers. A mini food processor works great here, just pulse the crackers until they have a breadcrumb consistency. I used Trader Joe's brand, but any plain pita crackers will do.
Next, pulse your feta cheese until you have fine crumbles. This way, you don't end up with big chunks of cheese in your meatballs and the cheese will be well incorporated into the beef when mixed.
For the fresh oregano (and definitely go for fresh for best flavor!), pull the leaves from the hard stem and finely chop.
In a large bowl, add all ingredients for the meatballs and blend. Do get your hands in there to mix thoroughly. Don't be afraid to get messy! You want your meatball ingredients to be well incorporated.
Easy Greek Roasted Vegetables
For the roasted Greek vegetables, I like to keep things simple and use a Greek seasoning blend. I love the Penzeys brand, but any Greek blend will work. You can even add in a little more of the fresh oregano, if desired. Cooking shouldn't be intimidating or complicated.
Toss all of the veggies in remaining olive oil and seasonings.
How To Bake Meatballs In The Oven
Line three sheet pans with parchment paper and top one of the sheets with a cooling rack for the meatballs to drain. Roll the meat mixture into 24 evenly-sized balls.
Pour vegetables onto the remaining two lined sheet pans. If you have limited oven space, you can bake the meatballs first and then cook the vegetables.
Bake meatballs and vegetables for 18-20 minutes. Mine were perfectly cooked at 18 minutes. Oven times do vary slightly.
How To Prep Sheet Pan Greek Meatballs with Vegetables
I served this with jasmine rice. Cauliflower mash potatoes or rice would also be a great low-carb option. I assembled my meal-prep containers with ½ cup rice, 3 meatballs, and 1 cup of veggies. Depending on your carb/fat/protein needs, you can always add more meatballs, etc. I've listed the macros for the meal (as prepped here) in the recipe card below.
We have decided that this definitely a meal prep winner in this house! It's going to be a regular feature in our Sunday prep rotation!
If you love Mediterranean flavors as much as I do, definitely check out these other favorite beef recipes!
Sheet Pan Greek Meatballs with Vegetables
- 16 oz ground beef 90% lean
- ¼ cup finely ground pita crackers *I used Trader Joe's brand
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ¼ cup feta cheese finely chopped into small crumbles
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1, lemon juiced and zested, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion divided- 2 tbsp finely grated and the rest chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper divided
- 3 zucchini sliced into ½" circles
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 red peppers sliced into ½" chunks
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Greek seasoning recommended: Penzeys Spices
- ½ cup Kalamata olives drained and pitted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line three baking sheets with parchment paper. Place a cooling rack on top of one of the baking sheets covered in parchment for the meatballs to drain. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix lean ground beef, pita cracker crumbs, beaten egg, finely crumbled feta (I use a mini food processor for the cheese and pita crumbs), beaten egg, feta, minced garlic, ½ of the lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon), ½ of the lemon zest, fresh oregano finely chopped, 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp grated red onion, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
- Mix well, using your hands to thoroughly combine.
- Form meatballs into 24, evenly sized, balls. They should be about the size of a golf ball or slightly larger. I use a small scoop for this.
- Place meatballs onto the baking sheet with rack and set aside while you prep the vegetables
- In another large bowl, combine chopped vegetables, Greek seasoning blend, remaining lemon juice and zest (of ½ the lemon), ¼ cup olive oil, olives, tomatoes and remaining 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp pepper. Toss to blend.
- Spread vegetables onto the remaining two baking sheets.
- Bake meatballs and vegetables for 18-20 minutes. It was exactly 18 minutes to perfection in my oven.
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021