These Healthier Meatballs are so versatile, you can make them with lean ground beef or ground chicken. They are great served on a whole grain baguette covered with marinara sauce, over spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles topped with sauce and cheese or just plain for a protein-packed snack.
You can swap these for traditional meatballs in your favorite recipes to cut calories, processed carbs and extra fat while still enjoying that great meaty flavor and texture.
Try these healthier meatballs in this great recipe for Zucchini Spaghetti, a family favorite in our house.
- 2 lbs ground organic chicken or 96% lean ground beef
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese (from the block)
- 1/2 tsp "everything" seasoning (can also use Italian seasoning blend)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with your hands...get dirty!
- Roll into large tablespoon-size balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake 10-15 minutes until lightly golden, flipping over once half way through baking time