A simple and delicious recipe for gluten-free lasagna soup made with lean ground beef, Italian sausage, fresh vegetables, and gluten-free pasta. This recipe was created as part of a paid partnership with Beef. It's What's For Dinner. All opinions are my own.
What's The Best Gluten-Free Pasta For Soup?
This soup is super easy to throw together for a one-pot meal. I know that the pasta spirals aren't traditional lasagna noodles, but they work great in this gluten-free lasagna soup. I love using gluten-free brown rice pasta. The texture turns out really good. Some of the gluten-free pasta noodles can end up really mushy. Feel free to use traditional whole-grain pasta, if you prefer.
I cook the pasta first, to al dente perfection, then just stir it into the soup at the end to warm it up. I love it when easy tastes this good. 🙂
How To Make Gluten-Free One Pot Lasagna Soup
Ingredients You'll Need:
- Italian sausage
- Lean ground beef
- Zucchini squash
- Onion, finely diced
- Red bell pepper, chopped
- Celery, finely chopped
- Carrots, chopped
- Jar marinara sauce
- Low sodium chicken broth
- Sundried tomato pesto
- Gluten-free brown rice pasta
- Ricotta cheese
- Good quality Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente, rinse with cold water, drain and set aside. In a dutch oven, brown ground beef and sausage until the meat is no longer pink. Drain grease and return to pot. Add carrots, onions, celery, and red pepper to the pot and cook for 5-7 minutes until the carrots begin to soften. Add zucchini, pesto, marinara sauce, and chicken broth. Bring to a quick boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add cooked pasta and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Ladle into soup bowls and top with a generous tablespoon of ricotta cheese and freshly grated or shredded Parmesan.
More Epic Soup Recipes
If you love tomato-based soups, you also need to try this amazing Tomato Basil Bisque made without heavy cream (but still SO amazing), Prime Rib soup (a great way to use up the holiday Standing Rib Roast bones, and my favorite slow cooker Southern Ham Vegetable Soup recipe. These recipes are staples for us during soup season!
Have you ever enjoyed lasagna in a bowl? Give this gluten-free lasagna soup a try for an easy and tasty meal.
*This post was updated with new photos in January 2021.
Gluten-Free Lasagna Soup
- ½ lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 medium zucchini chopped into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup celery finely chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup onion diced
- ½ cup carrots coarsely chopped
- 1 24 oz jar marinara pasta sauce
- 1 32oz carton unsalted chicken broth
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 8 oz GF brown rice pasta spirals I love Tinkyada brand
- 6 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat water in a large pot to boiling and cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water (to stop the cooking process) and set aside
- In a large dutch oven or stockpot, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain fat from meat and add meat back to the pan
- Add carrots, onions, celery and red pepper to the meat and cook for 5-7 minutes, until carrots are beginning to soften.
- Add zucchini, tomato pesto, chicken broth and marinara.
- Bring to a quick boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in pasta and cook for 2-3 minutes until pasta is warmed.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with 1 tablespoon ricotta and shredded parmesan cheese.
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023
- Easy Pancake Mix Cookies (Gluten-Free Option) - November 27, 2023
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes - November 20, 2023