Crockpot Coconut curry chicken soup is so full of flavor, it will rock your taste buds!! This flavorful slow cooker soup recipe makes a comforting wintertime meal. Not to mention, it’s incredibly healthy and super easy to make!
I hope you love this comforting coconut curry chicken soup recipe as much as we do. Making your favorite Thai dishes at home doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming!
I’ve served this soup over steamed rice (my kid’s favorite) or steamed vegetables (my favorite) for a low-carb alternative with an added nutrition boost. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @ameecooks if you make this recipe!
- 6 small organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 27 oz full fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp dried basil or fresh Thai basil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped into thin slices
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger or more to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro for garnish
- 2 limes quartered for serving
- Brown chicken breasts in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
Stir all other ingredients together except cilantro and lime slices, mixing until paste is completely dissolved. Pour into crockpot over chicken. Fold in onion, mushrooms and pepper and stir well.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Shred chicken into chunky pieces and stir back into the soup before serving.
More crockpot chicken recipes to try: