This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
We love this easy slow cooker stuffed acorn squash made with fresh squeezed juice, panko, maple sugar and pecans. *I received this slow cooker product for review for this post. All opinions are my own.
Don’t you just love all of the squash varieties this time of year?! I’m a big squash fan, I have quite a few stuffed squash recipes on the blog. I guess you either love it or hate it, but it’s one of my favorite seasonal fruits. Yes, they are actually a fruit variety. Anything grown from a flower that contains seeds is considered a fruit. Pumpkins, avocados, pea pods, corn kernels, sunflower seeds, tomatoes, etc. are all a part of the fruit family.
This slow cooker stuffed acorn squash is a sweet/savory side dish that would be perfect for your holiday spread. It’s super easy to throw together and made with whole food ingredients. I’m all about trying to make your life (and my life) easier by creating recipes that are healthy and simple.
I mean, we’ve got so many other things to do than cook, right?!! I love my time in the kitchen, but I’ve got to save time for the gym, my family and work, too.
Speaking of saving time, this new programmable Stay or Go 6 qt slow cooker from Hamilton Beach is a valuable tool for busy cooks. I love the programmable timer feature and it automatically switches to a warm setting when the cook time is done.
This way, your food doesn’t get mushy from overcooking while your away. You can set it to perfectly cook your recipe and leave it until you’re ready to eat. I also love that you can throw the insert and lid in the dishwasher. Easy peasy!
Hamilton Beach is sharing a free ebook with my readers with their top 25 slow cooker recipes. Grab your free download below.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Acorn SquashPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Acorn Squash
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs I used Ian's GF panko
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or maple sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse squash and pat dry
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds
- Stir all remaining ingredients together, except olive oil and spoon into the center of the squash
- Arrange squash in the slow cooker and drizzle with olive oil
- Cook 5-6 hours on low, until squash is tender
I hope that you enjoy this stuffed acorn squash as much as we do!
Latest posts by Amee Livingston (see all)
- The Best Baked Brie with Apricot Jam & Almonds - December 3, 2019
- Amazing Green Bean Casserole From Scratch - November 24, 2019
- Applewood Bacon-Wrapped Venison Loin with Raspberry Sauce - November 15, 2019