This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
My mom’s recipe for the best pumpkin bread you’ll ever eat. Seriously. This family keeper is the best pumpkin quick bread ever!
Ahhhh, the comforts of fall….the cooler weather, the changing leaves, the wonderful smells (apple crisp, my favorite caramel candle scents) and the FOOD. I love baking this time of year. Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors and I relish my mother’s pumpkin bread.
It is a simple, yet amazing, recipe that comes together quickly and easily. It is not low-fat or low-sugar, but it’s made from scratch with love. 🙂
I love using my mini loaf pans, so that I can share with others. When preparing baked goods, I prefer to use unbleached flour. We don’t need any unnecessary chemicals in our food.
I often use King Arthur brand flours in my baking. My favorite is the unbleached white wheat flour. I hope that this recipe brings comfort to your home, like it does mine. Enjoy~
Fresh from the oven…
What is delicious served with homemade pumpkin bread? Gourmet Maple Butter. So good!
- Sift together:
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached white wheat flour such as King Arthur brand
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- *You can also substitute 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon and nutmeg but I prefer more cinnamon flavor
- Beat together:
- 4 cage-free organic eggs
- 1 cup natural brown sugar
- 1 cup organic white sugar
- 1 cup grapeseed oil can use canola
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just blended. Do not over mix. Pour into one large bread pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or 6 mini loaf pans for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.