Ahhhh, the comforts of fall….the cooler weather, the changing leaves, the wonderful smells (apple crisp, my favorite caramel candle scents) and the FOOD. I love baking this time of year. Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors and I relish my mother’s pumpkin bread.
It is a simple, yet amazing, recipe that comes together quickly and easily. It is not low-fat or low-sugar, but it’s made from scratch with love. 🙂
I love using my mini loaf pans, so that I can share with others. When preparing baked goods, I prefer to use unbleached flour. We don’t need any unnecessary chemicals in our food.
I often use King Arthur brand flours in my baking. My favorite is the unbleached white wheat flour. I hope that this recipe brings comfort to your home, like it does mine. Enjoy~
Pumpkin Bread- My mother's recipe
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached white wheat flour (such as King Arthur brand)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- *You can also substitute 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon and nutmeg (but I prefer more cinnamon flavor)
- 4 cage-free organic eggs
- 1 cup natural brown sugar
- 1 cup organic white sugar
- 1 cup grapeseed oil (can use canola)
- 2 cups pureed pumpkin
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just blended. Do not over mix. Pour into one large bread pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or 6 mini loaf pans for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.