A tasty and healthier recipe for a no-bake light coconut cream pie that is Weight Watchers friendly made with cool whip, organic pie crust, and fat-free cream cheese.
I would like to thank and credit my friend, Laurie, for this light coconut pie recipe. She made it for Bunco night last year and I had to have the recipe. I was even more thrilled when she told me that it was a Weight Watchers recipe. It's so good that I didn't even miss the extra calories.
The original recipe is for "Mini Coconut Cream Pies" where you use the mini graham cracker crusts. I have found an organic and healthier graham cracker pie crust by Arrowhead Mills, so I made this recipe into a whole pie. Also, there is a healthier alternative to cool whip called for in this recipe called Truwhip that I used for this recipe. It can be found in the organic section at your local grocery store.
If no-bake pies are right up your alley (I love them!), then you should try this Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie Pie! Crazy easy and crazy good!! I just love how easy they are to throw together and perfect make-ahead desserts for parties.
Easy No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie
Light Coconut Cream Pie makes the perfect lightened-up summertime dessert. You can have your pie and hit your diet goals, too! Not to mention, there are no dishes to wash using a premade pie crust. 🙂
No Bake Light Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 oz package instant vanilla pudding regular or sugar-free (I used SF in this recipe)
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ¾ cup fat-free cool whip or Truwhip
- ¼ cup plus 6 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted and divided
- 1 premade graham cracker crust
- Mix pudding mix, milk and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until thickened and well blended. Stir in cool whip and ¼ cup of coconut and coconut extract.
- Fill pie crust with filling and top with remaining 6 tablespoon coconut.
- Chill for several hours and serve.