I would like to thank and credit my friend, Laurie, for this Light Coconut Cream Pie recipe. She made it for Bunco night last year and I had to have the recipe. I was even more thrilled when she told me that it was a Weight Watchers recipe. It’s so good that I didn’t even miss the extra calories!
The original recipe is for “Mini Coconut Cream Pies” where you use the mini graham cracker crusts. I have found an organic and healthier graham cracker pie crust by Arrowhead Mills, so I made this recipe into a whole pie. Also, there is a healthier alternative to cool whip called for in this recipe called Truwhip that I used for this recipe. It can be found in the organic section at your local grocery store.
If no bake pies are right up your alley (I love them!), then you should try this Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie Pie! Crazy easy and crazy good!! I just love how easy they are to throw together and perfect make-ahead desserts for parties.
Delicious Light Coconut Cream Pie
Light Coconut Cream Pie makes the perfect lightened-up summertime dessert! You can have your pie and hit your diet goals, too!
- 1 1 oz package sugar-free or regular instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 3/4 cup fat-free cool whip or truwhip
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted and divided
- 1 organic graham cracker crust or 6 mini graham crusts
- Mix pudding mix, milk and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until thickened and well blended. Stir in cool whip and 1/4 cup of coconut and coconut extract.
- Fill pie crust with filling and top with remaining 6 tbsp coconut.
- Chill for several hours and serve.