This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A tasty and healthier recipe for light coconut cream pie that is Weight Watchers friendly made with cool whip, organic pie crust, and fat-free cream cheese.
I would like to thank and credit my friend, Laurie, for this light coconut pie recipe. She made it for Bunco night last year and I had to have the recipe. I was even more thrilled when she told me that it was a Weight Watchers recipe. It’s so good that I didn’t even miss the extra calories!
The original recipe is for “Mini Coconut Cream Pies” where you use the mini graham cracker crusts. I have found an organic and healthier graham cracker pie crust by Arrowhead Mills, so I made this recipe into a whole pie. Also, there is a healthier alternative to cool whip called for in this recipe called Truwhip that I used for this recipe. It can be found in the organic section at your local grocery store.
If no-bake pies are right up your alley (I love them!), then you should try this Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie Pie! Crazy easy and crazy good!! I just love how easy they are to throw together and perfect make-ahead desserts for parties.
Delicious Light Coconut Cream Pie
Light Coconut Cream Pie makes the perfect lightened-up summertime dessert! You can have your pie and hit your diet goals, too!
Light Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 oz package instant vanilla pudding regular or sugar-free (I used SF in this recipe)
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 3/4 cup fat-free cool whip or Truwhip
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted and divided
- 1 premade graham cracker crust
- Mix pudding mix, milk and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until thickened and well blended. Stir in cool whip and 1/4 cup of coconut and coconut extract.
- Fill pie crust with filling and top with remaining 6 tbsp coconut.
- Chill for several hours and serve.