This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Christmas Grinch fruit kabobs are easy to make and make a great healthier alternative to all of the decadent desserts during the holidays. I made these fun little guys for the kids to enjoy and decorate for a snack. I also happen to be a huge Dr. Seuss fan! This recipe can double as an entertaining craft. You can use a tube of chocolate frosting and let kids draw their own angry Grinch faces on the green grapes.
This snack is a fun holiday recipe idea that I got from Pinterest. Most recipes call for a slice of banana for the base of the hat, but my husband hates bananas and I didn't have any in the house, so I used a large marshmallow and cut it into thirds with a pair of kitchen scissors. It worked out perfectly!
I love making healthy festive fruit kabobs. You can skewer green grapes, and honeydew melon for a festive St. Patrick's Day kabob, and this Peep Fruit Kabob post from 2014 is one of my most pinned Easter recipes! Clearly, people love enjoying fruit on a stick!
What you'll need:
Grinch Fruit Kabobs
- 8 large marshmallows
- 24 mini marshmallows
- 2 pints fresh strawberries 24 large strawberries
- 24 green grapes rinsed and patted dry
- 24 wooden kabob skewers
- *optional: tube of chocolate frosting or edible marker for making faces
- Thread a grape onto the kabob skewer
- Cut a large marshmallow into thirds with kitchen scissors
- Slide a slice of marshmallow onto the stick
- Slice the top off a strawberry and thread onto the skewer (large side first)
- Top with mini marshmallow
- Serve plain or decorate with frosting.
- Tex-Mex Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Chicken - March 2, 2021
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021