This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This mocha protein coffee is a favorite pre-workout breakfast on the run. This high protein coffee recipe gives me energy, fills me up, doesn't weigh me down, and best of all, it's delicious!! Also, I love the layer of froth you get on top. It's a protein-packed mocha latte with a punch of energy.
I use a Vitamix to make this recipe, but any blender works great. The MCT oil is added for a fat source and you get some carbs from the chocolate Ovaltine. It's a complete quick meal in a glass. I love the flavor that the Ovaltine gives this drink, it's the perfect subtle mocha taste without overpowering the coffee. You also avoid the excess sugar and artificial sweeteners from chocolate syrups typically used at your local coffee house. I'm personally not a fan of the sugar-free chocolate syrups. Ovaltine has been my favorite mocha flavor additive to date for this recipe.
You can also use a chocolate-flavored protein powder made with stevia to cut the carbs in this recipe if you're on a low-carb diet and looking for a morning meal with protein and fat for energy.
How To Make Mocha High Protein Coffee
Ingredients You'll Need:
1 cup freshly brewed coffee (do not let it cool)
29 grams (1 scoop) unflavored protein powder (whey isolate recommended)
1 tbsp MCT oil (or grass-fed butter, such as Kerrygold)
2 tbsp chocolate Ovaltine powder
Place all ingredients into a blender or Vitamix and whip until well blended. Pour your protein-packed mocha into a mug and enjoy immediately.
If you love this morning drink recipe, you should also try this Mocha Coffee Protein Shake! So good!!
*This post has been updated with new photos.
Mocha Protein Coffee
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee do not let it cool
- 1 scoop unflavored protein powder whey isolate recommended
- 1 tbsp MCT oil or grass-fed butter such as Kerrygold brand
- 2 tbsp chocolate Ovaltine
- Place all ingredients into a blender or Vitamix and whip until well blended.
- Pour your protein-packed mocha into a mug and enjoy.
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021