This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Lemon pepper marinade is a simple but flavorful marinade for chicken or shrimp. This easy marinade recipe can also be used to make a delicious, tangy salad dressing!
Making a marinade from scratch is so much tastier and less expensive than anything from a bottle in the grocery store. This zesty lemon pepper mixture also doubles as a delicious and flavorful salad dressing. It's so good drizzled over mixed greens or arugula with grilled chicken and a good quality feta cheese. The combo reminds me of my favorite Greek salad, Lahano Salata.
How To Make Homemade Lemon Pepper Marinade
½ cup fresh lemon juice
zest of one lemon
3 garlic cloves, mashed
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
few drops tabasco sauce
2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
Pour into a large sealable bag and add your protein of choice (great with chicken, shrimp, and fish).
Marinate in the refrigerator for two hours. If using for shrimp, only marinate for 30 minutes. I love this marinade for grilled chicken and shrimp. It's easy to throw together and adds so much flavor!
Lemon Pepper Marinade (or Salad Dressing)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 3 garlic cloves mashed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- few drops tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Pour into a large sealable bag and add your meat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for two hours. If using for shrimp, only marinate for 30 minutes. I love this marinade for grilled chicken and shrimp. It’s easy to throw together and adds so much flavor!
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021