This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A super easy recipe for Vitamix chocolate ice cream made in the Vitamix blender. Super fast to make and tastes just like soft serve!
I am having so much fun playing with my new Vitamix! This thing is a marvel machine...it makes soups, shakes, juices, smoothies, grinds up grains, chops, and makes ice cream all in one (easy to clean) container. Amazing. My kids have been anxious for me to whip up some ice cream for them, so I tried out the Vitamix chocolate ice cream recipe in the Vitamix cookbook. It's delicious!
My kids equate it to a Wendy's frosty. I like that I know exactly what's in it (no preservatives or artificial junk) and it's simple and tasty. Better than it's store-bought counterparts. This recipe takes less than a few minutes to whip up.
Chocolate Ice Cream (a Vitamix recipe)
1 cup whole milk
½ cup rich chocolate Ovaltine (or Nestle quick powdered mix)½ cup sugar or stevia in the raw
½ cup non-fat dry milk (optional)
1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
4 cups of ice cubes (can also use frozen milk cubes for a creamier texture)
Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container, in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
*Can half this recipe for a smaller portion. This makes 5 cups.
Chocolate Ice Cream (made in a Vitamix)
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup rich chocolate Ovaltine or Nestle quick powdered mix
- ½ cup sugar or stevia in the raw
- ½ cup non-fat dry milk powder optional
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
- 4 cups ice cubes or frozen milk cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container, in order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use tamper to press ingredients into the blades. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop machine.
- Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
- Herb-Roasted Sheet Pan Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans - February 8, 2021
- 50 Easy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes - February 3, 2021
- Healthy Mixed Berry Smoothie - February 1, 2021