Everything is better with bacon, right?! This week’s Sunday Supper theme is all about bacon, I know…..you’re welcome! These maple bacon protein pancakes are the bomb and really fluffy and tasty. I’ve learned, through trial and error, that plant-based protein powder works great in protein baked goods. You can also use a whey blend or casein, but regular whey isolate can make your recipe really, really dry.
The protein that I used here is the Garden of Life raw protein powder. I used a center cut bacon and cooked it in the oven according to the package instructions. Allow the bacon to cool. Then chop it into pieces and then toss with a little maple sugar. Add half the bacon to the pancake batter and the rest for garnishing on top.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add a little coconut oil to the pan, this gives a nice crisp outside layer to the pancake, while keeping them fluffy on the inside. Serve pancakes with real maple syrup and top with remaining sugared-coated bacon.
Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes #SundaySupper
- 3/4 cup whole grain all-purpose baking mix (I use Pamela's gluten free baking mix)
- 1/2 cup plant-based vanilla protein powder (I used Garden of Life RAW vanilla protein powder with great results)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple sugar (plus more for coating bacon)
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 slices center-cut bacon
- coconut oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet for 12-14 minutes.
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients in a medium size bowl
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat
- Add coconut oil and heat until melted and hot
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, add pancake batter to pan and cook until bubbles start to form.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Chop cooked bacon up into bite-size pieces and toss with coconut sugar.
- Serve pancakes with crumbled maple bacon and real maple syrup (or a sugar-free version if watching calories).
by Amee Livingston
Don’t miss these epic bacon recipes from my Sunday Supper friends below!
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
Bacon for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
Bacon for Dessert
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
Bacon for Dinner
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Bacon Corn Chowder by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Bacon in Beverages
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
Bacon for Lunch
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bacon as a Side Dish
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bourbon Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.