This simple Strawberry Mojito recipe uses fresh strawberries along with lime, rum, and club soda for a light refreshing cocktail. It’s the perfect drink for serving poolside or at a summer BBQ and also makes a great mocktail!
In the summer months, I like making as many things as I can with fresh fruit. Fresh strawberries go great in salads, desserts, and even cocktails! This strawberry mojito is made with fresh and simple ingredients and is refreshing without being overly sweet.
This skinny cocktail recipe is super simple and takes only a few ingredients. You’ll muddle strawberries with lime and mint, then simply pour in white rum, club soda, and a dash of sweetener for the perfect summertime drink. Bring a pitcher to a BBQ or serve it at a spring brunch!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It’s a great way to use up an abundance of strawberries. Summer strawberries are ripe and plentiful. Making these mojitos is a good way to use them up!
- You can control how sweet it is by adding the agave level to your personal tastes.
- Fresh fruit cocktails taste so much better than flavored ones in a bottle.
- Strawberry mojitos can also easily be made into a mocktail.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Lime - You’ll need a quartered fresh lime for muddling.
- Fresh Strawberries - These sweet red fruit gems get muddled down for excellent flavor.
- Fresh Mint - This classic mojito ingredient adds a bright fresh flavor to the mojito.
- Agave Nectar - Gives the drink a hint of sweetness. Add as little or as much as you like!
- White Rum - The alcohol component of this drink is clean and sips easy.
- Club Soda - Gives a refreshing fizz to the cocktail.
- Raw Sugar - Makes an excellent sweet rim around the glass.
- Toppings - Add fresh lime slices, strawberries, and whole mint leaves for flavor and garnish.
How To Make Fresh Strawberry Mojitos
Step 1. Muddle the fruit. In a shaker glass or mortar and pestle, add the strawberries and mint leaves to the bottom. Use the back of a spoon or a pestle to mash the fruit down until it’s pureed.
Step 2. Mix the mojito. Pour the rum, agave, and club soda into the shaker glass and give it a healthy shake until all ingredients are well incorporated and mixed thoroughly.
Step 3. Assemble and serve. Rim cocktail glasses with raw sugar and fill with ice. Evenly distribute the mojito into each glass. Top with fresh lime, strawberries, and mint for garnish and serve ice cold.
What's The Best Rum For Mojitos?
White rum, otherwise known as silver rum makes up the alcohol in this drink. Since there is no other alcohol, it’s important to use a high-quality rum you enjoy the taste of. The top 5 white rum brands for mojitos are:
- Bacardi Silver
- Mount Gay Eclipse Silver Rum
- Cruzan Aged White Rum
- Havana Club Anejo Blanco Puerto Rican Rum
Don’t like rum? Try making this recipe with your favorite vodka or gin.
Mojito Flavor Variations
- Add a dash of coconut milk for strawberries and cream mojito.
- Instead of mint, try muddling with basil for a fresh summery twist that’s also refreshing.
- Muddle in some blueberries or blackberries for a triple berry mojito.
- Going to a party? To make a pitcher of strawberry mojito: Increase the ingredients for how many servings you need. Muddle the fruit and add the rum and sweetener to a pitcher. When ready to serve, add the club soda to the pitcher and pour over ice.
- Spice it up by garnishing it with a few slices of fresh jalapeno.
Make it a mocktail. To make a strawberry mojito mocktail, simply omit the rum from the recipe and replace it with additional club soda or flavored sparkling water. Adjust sweetness as necessary.
White rum is the standard traditional alcohol for a mojito, but if you don’t like the taste you can also use a clean vodka, gin, or even tequila to change it up.
If you don’t have a muddler, you can simply use the back of a spoon to crush fruit into a puree. This can be done in a bowl or right at the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
The difference is that mojito is made by mixing rum, lime, sweetener, and mint. A daiquiri is also a rum cocktail but usually contains, lemon or lime juice along with sugar and fruit.
More Easy Summer Cocktails
LIKE THIS RECIPE? DON'T FORGET TO PIN IT FOR LATER, RATE, COMMENT, AND HIT THOSE SHARE BUTTONS! 🙂
Fresh Strawberry Mojito
- 1 lime quartered
- 4 strawberries rinsed, patted dry, and stems removed
- 2 tablespoon raw sugar
- 4 large mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 oz white rum
- 4 oz club soda
- ice to fill glasses
- *Optional garnishes: slices of lime, strawberries, and mint leaves
- Rinse the mint and pat dry.
- Muddle the mint leaves and strawberries using a mortar and pestle, or you can do it directly in the cocktail shaker with the back of a wooden spoon. Press until the strawberries are completely mashed.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a cocktail shaker, if using a mortar and pestle, and add 1 tablespoon of agave nectar, 2 oz white rum, and 1 oz of freshly squeezed lime juice, and give it a really good shake.
- Next, use one of the lime slices to run along the rim of two glasses. Add a tablespoon of raw sugar in a shallow bowl and dip the rim of the glasses to coat with the sugar and fill with ice.
- Divide the strawberry pureé mixture between the two, ice-filled, glasses then add 2 oz of club soda to each glass.
- Give it a good stir and garnish with extra strawberries, lime, and fresh mint leaves.