This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Loaded Baked Potato Stuffed Mushrooms are a really fun twist on traditional loaded baked potatoes…..how about a bite-size version stuffed into a baby portabello mushroom?! *This post is sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
If you love everything about a loaded baked potato, then you must try this appetizer version that’s fun to eat and serve. You get all that cheesy, flavorful potato goodness in a small, tasty package. It’s also a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!
I’m not sure about you, but I could eat this filling right out of the bowl!
These flavors go together so beautifully….
No time to peel, boil and mash potatoes? No worries! Just scrub a couple of Idaho® russet potatoes under running water, pat dry and prick a few times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate and cook for 5 minutes. Flip potatoes over and cook 5-6 minutes more, until potato pierces easily with a fork. Scoop flesh from baked potato and add just enough milk or cream to get a mashed potato consistency (it won’t take much). Measure out 1 cup mashed potatoes for your recipe. For more delicious potato inspiration, be sure and follow Idaho® Potatoes on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Loaded Baked Potato Stuffed MushroomsPrint Pin Rate
- 16 oz whole baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded from block
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes made from Idaho® russet potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter melted
- 2 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
- 4 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Remove stems from baby bellas and gently carve out the center with a small spoon
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, cheese, chives, sour cream and bacon
- Stir to combine
- Spoon filling generously into each mushroom (I use a small scooper) and place mushrooms into a shallow baking dish
- Drizzle mushrooms with butter and bake for 30-40 minutes, until lightly golden on top
- Serve immediately