You'll love this simple DIY electrolytes drink recipe made with fresh squeezed orange juice, maple syrup and salt.
Proper hydration and electrolyte replenishment is super important for athletes to perform and recover. Our body is made up of around 60% water, so you can see why hydration balance is so incredibly important.
As little as 1-2% reduction in bodyweight from water loss can lead to impaired performance. It's crucial to drink-up the H2O if you want to feel your best and benefit from training!
This natural gatorade recipe has the necessary amount of diluted carbohydrates, simple sugars and sodium needed to replenish the fluids lost during intense training sessions.
Store bought sports drinks have a lot of artificial colors and additives that you can avoid if you make your own. This natural Homemade Electrolyte Sports drink is really tasty and easy to make, using just a few ingredients that you probably already have in the house.
Ingredients For Natural Gatorade
- Water- Serves as the base of the drink. Plain water isn't optimal for hydration, you end up peeing most of it out without adding transporters to help carry fluid across your intestinal cells into the water spaces of the body. The ingredients below serve as the co-transporters for maximum absorption.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice- real pressed juice is preferred or you can buy the not from concentrate options at your local grocer. Orange juice provides vitamins and important minerals, like potassium, that aid in proper fluid balance.
- Real maple syrup- make sure to use the real stuff, not pancake syrup. Maple syrup is a rich source of electrolytes and sugars necessary for optimal absorption and hydration. Maple and salt alone are excellent add-ins to a plain glass of H2O.
- Salt- sodium works in conjunction with the glucose in maple syrup to act as the transporters of fluid into the body. Without the glucose, the constant flow of sodium and water in your bloodstream slows down.
How To Make Your Own DIY Electrolytes Drink
Add all ingredients into a blender, blend on low until just mixed
Store in the refrigerator.
After your workout, fuel-up with these great protein shake recipe ideas!
Homemade Electrolyte Sports Drink
- 5 ½ cups water
- 2 ½ cups orange juice (fresh squeezed, not concentrate)
- 2 teaspoon real maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients into a blender, blend on low until just mixed.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Easy Instant Pot Crack Chicken - December 6, 2023
- Easy Hot Cocoa Mug Cake (Gluten-Free) - December 4, 2023
- Easy Orange Glazed Croissants Recipe with Crescent Rolls - November 28, 2023