This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
A lightened-up recipe for Easy Blackberry Cobbler that’s perfect for your summertime gathering. Don’t forget the ice cream!
Blackberry cobbler is one of my husband’s favorite desserts. I made healthy substitutions to our favorite cobbler recipe without compromising taste. Believe me, if he could tell the difference, he would not be a happy camper!!
Most quick cobbler recipes, like this one, call for self-rising flour. Since I wanted to use a healthier flour substitute, the baking powder is added to help it rise. Serve topped with vanilla frozen yogurt or low-fat vanilla ice cream. We think it’s absolutely delicious and summertime just isn’t the same without it!
I LOVE fruit-based desserts! A few more favorites are this Triple Berry Crisp, Peach Almond Crisp (this one is vegan, wheat-free and dairy-free!) and the one I always crave in the fall, Amazing Apple Crisp.
How To Make Easy Blackberry Cobbler
1 stick (1/2 cup) olive oil butter blend (such as Land O’Lakes)
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder (metal-free)
1 cup organic sugar (or coconut sugar)
1 cup milk (2%)
1/8 tsp sea salt
2 cups fresh blackberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash fresh blackberries by rinsing several times in cool water and set aside. These babies are beautiful!!
Melt butter in a 1 1/2 to 2 qt. casserole dish in the oven or microwave. Set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add sugar and milk to flour mixture and stir until combined. Pour this mixture over the melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon blackberries evenly over batter, but do not stir.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Top with your favorite frozen yogurt or ice cream and enjoy!
Easy Blackberry Cobbler
- 1 stick 1/2 cup olive oil butter blend (such as Land O'Lakes)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder metal-free
- 1 cup organic sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup milk 2%
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash fresh blackberries by rinsing several times in cool water and set aside.
- Melt butter in a 1 1/2 to 2 qt. casserole dish in the oven or microwave.
- Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add sugar and milk to flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour this mixture over the melted butter.
- Do not stir.
- Spoon blackberries evenly over batter, but do not stir.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.