This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Slow cooker mango salsa chicken is an easy and delicious slow cooker dinner recipe. Sweet fruit salsa, tender boneless chicken breast, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, and a kick of cayenne for a sweet and spicy meal!
I love this easy-breezy dinner. SO much flavor and color in this nutritious dish! The convenience of crockpot cooking makes it a favorite for this busy mama. Just add a side of greens and you have a great kid-friendly meal.
How To Make Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 6 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz mango salsa
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and slightly mashed
- 1 small Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup all-fruit preserves (I used a combo of strawberry and apricot)
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
Assembly couldn’t be easier. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker, then top with peppers, onions, and garlic.
Mix all other ingredients together and pour on top.
Cook 5-6 hours on low and switch to warm setting until ready to serve.
I like to serve it over steamed rice, or for a healthier option, serve it over greens for a mango salsa chicken salad!
Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Chicken
- 6 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts (can use frozen breasts)
- 16 ounces mango salsa
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and slightly mashed
- 1 small vidalia onion chopped fine
- ¼ cup all-fruit preserves I used a combo of strawberry and apricot
- 1 orange or yellow pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- dash cayenne pepper
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker sprayed with non-stick olive oil spray Top with peppers, onion and garlic
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over chicken
- Cook on low 5-6 hours, then switch setting to warm until ready to eat
- Delicious served over rice