I'm so excited to feature Shea Goldstein on Amee's Savory Dish today with her mouthwatering Flank Steak with Basil Chimichurri recipe! She's the witty and talented Southern gal behind Dixie Chik Cooks. Shea whips up some amazing dishes, like this Flank Steak with Basil Chimichurri that grabs the spotlight today. A few other temptations I can't resist sharing from her blog, are her Pork Tacos with White Cheddar Poblano Pico and Lime Crema, this Hot Salsa Verde Bacon Dip (a definite party show-stopper!) and this mouthwatering French Onion Fontina Burger (OMG......on homemade pretzel buns.....are you kidding me?!!) Don't stop there, be sure and grab yourself a cocktail and browse her site for a while, she's full of fun southern hospitality. 🙂
I love everything about this lean beef dish. The color, the flavors and the ease of preparation, which is super important for this busy mama! I love the idea of using fresh basil for the chimichurri sauce, in lieu of parsley. I've got a boatload of basil in my garden right now and I'm loving this new way to use it. Grab your apron, a glass of wine (or your cooking cocktail of choice) and fire-up the grill....you're gonna love this one!
Flank Steak with Basil Chimichurri
- 2 ½ lbs. Flank steak I cut mine into quarters
- Coarse salt - for "sweating"
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil You'll need more later for searing the steaks
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-2 splashes of Moore's Original Marinade
- Begin with the steaks. Sprinkle the shit out of them with the salt and let them sit until both sides are sweating, about 20-30 minutes each side.
- Put the rest of ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth; refrigerate until the steaks are ready.
- Rinse the steaks thoroughly, and pat dry.
- Heat a generous drizzle of olive oil over high heat in a cast iron skillet and add steaks. Splash with Moore's.
- Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side at a time, until desired doneness.
- Serve with Chimichurri.
Shea Goldstein is the author and food photographer behind Dixie Chik Cooks.
She’s a Southern mother of two teenagers, wife and registered nurse. Focusing mainly on savory recipes, Shea started the blog in 2010 as a creative outlet and a way to chronicle her recipes for her family. She loves to add unexpected twists to traditional recipes, is obsessed with feeding people, and is most definitely a jalapeno addict. Shea is a Southern belle who’s thinking about what’s for dinner while eating lunch.
Don't forget to follow Shea on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
- Mocha Protein Shake - March 15, 2023
- San Marzano Pizza Sauce - March 13, 2023
- Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted Tomatoes and Olives - March 6, 2023
Subscribe for 5 protein-packed one-dish dinners delivered straight to your INBOX!
These 5 easy protein-packed one-dish recipes make mealtime a breeze!
Adam J. Holland
Beautiful dish! Looks divine! 🙂
She's a talented cook, for sure! Thanks for stopping by, Adam! 🙂