This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This edible protein cookie dough recipe is made with creamy nut butter, protein powder and whole oats and you can eat it with a spoon!
One of my biggest weaknesses is raw cookie dough. It’s like heaven on a spoon and will derail your healthy eating plan with only a few big bites (insert sad face). Cookies rarely make it to the baking sheet in this house. Just gimme the dough!
However, you can make your own delicious edible protein cookie dough recipe that is rich and indulgent without the refined sugar load and copious amount of saturated fat. Yay for healthier substitutions!!!! Refined sugar and saturated fat are a toxic combination for the waistline.
Just look at that healthier deliciousness……
Edible Protein Cookie Dough Recipe
- 2 cups nut butter I used creamy, no stir, peanut butter
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder I used Tera’s bourbon vanilla whey
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 1/4 cup Land O'Lakes Olive Oil Butter blend
- 2 tbsp milk almond, regular or soy
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- *1 tbsp honey or 1-2 packets stevia if desired for more sweetness
- Mix nut butter, protein powder, oats and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on low speed until smooth and combined.
- Add milk, stevia (if using) and vanilla extract and blend until mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
The servings for this recipe are around 1 1/2 tbsp each. If you are strict about tracking your macros, just roll the dough into 24 balls and you can accurately log the nutrition info. By the way, how awesome is my new recipe card?!!!! I’m loving the new design and hope you are, too!
Want a bite?!!!