Skillet Salsa Chicken
This skillet salsa chicken is an easy healthy dinner that you can have on the table in under 20 minutes.
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 32 oz salsa mild or medium or a combo of both
- 2 teaspoon fajita seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken and saute until lightly browned.
Add shallot and cook until soft.
Turn heat down to medium and sprinkle chicken pieces with fajita seasoning.
Stir. Add salsa and cook for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through, turn down heat and simmer for 5 more minutes until salsa has thickened.
Top with fresh cilantro, if desired.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1731mg | Potassium: 1087mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1123IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg