Easy Beef Skillet Nachos
An oven-baked skillet nachos recipe made with tortilla chips, black beans, seasoned ground beef, and shredded cheese baked in a cast-iron skillet.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 oz tortilla chips *enough to cover the bottom of the skillet
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 8 oz 50% fat sharp cheddar cheese shredded from the block (can also use Pepper Jack cheese)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro *for garnish
- 1 medium avocado *for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
In a medium-size skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink, about 7 minutes.
Add taco seasoning and water and cook, stirring occasionally, another 2-3 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
Place the tortilla chips in a large cast iron skillet, and spread out evenly to cover the bottom of the skillet.
Top with the seasoned cooked ground beef.
Add a layer of black beans on top of the meat.
Sprinkle evenly with the shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, until cheese is evenly melted.
Garnish with chopped fresh avocado and cilantro.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 21g