Chickpea Artichoke Salad
a simple but healthy gluten free, meatless salad with arugula, artichoke hearts and chickpeas, tossed in a simple vinaigrette dressing.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup canned quartered artichokes finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 bag baby arugula I also used watercress because I love it, too
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Chop artichokes and onion.
Combine arugula and/or watercress, chickpeas, onions and artichokes.
Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper until blended; add to salad. Toss and serve.