Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies with Cranberries and Walnuts
Soft, chewy, gluten free oatmeal cookies with crunchy walnuts. If you aren't gluten intolerant, feel free to use all purpose flour in place of the brown rice flour.
Servings 24 cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup blonde coconut sugar can also use brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dark amber maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup softened butter or unrefined coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all dry ingredients, except nuts and cranberries, in a large bowl and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, egg, vanilla and maple syrup until light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients and blend until well mixed. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks and enjoy.