Creamy Gluten-Free Chicken Butternut Squash Casserole
This easy Creamy Gluten-Free Chicken Butternut Squash Casserole is low-carb comfort food at it's finest. Made with boneless chicken breasts, spiralized butternut squash and a creamy garlic mushroom sauce, you'll be coming back for seconds.
- 16 oz spiralized butternut squash
- 18 oz cooked boneless chicken breast ,chopped into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic ,minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 shallots ,finely chopped
- ⅓ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour *I used King Arthur Brand
- 1 tsp chicken boullion *I used Better than Boullion brand
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme *pull leaves from stem
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper *or more to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
Add mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add shallots and garlic.
Sauté until mushrooms are lightly browned and garlic is fragrant.
Whisk in flour and stir for 1 minute.
Add milk, broth, and seasonings. Stir until sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes.
Add in squash "noodles", chicken, and ¼ of the Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined.
Pour into a 9x13 inch casserole dish sprayed with olive oil spray and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbly and all of the cheese has melted.
8 Total Servings
Calories per serving: 273
Fat- 18 grams
Carbs- 10 grams
Protein- 20 grams