Southwest Beef Breakfast Muffins
A delicious recipe for breakfast meatloaves with a southwest twist
- 1 lb lean ground beef 90% or less
- 4 oz light cheddar cheese shredded from block
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup baked whole grain tortilla chips
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped red pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray for muffin pan
For the garnish
- Fried egg
- Avocado Slices
- Salsa your favorite brand or homemade
- Fresh cilantro
- Hot Sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
Add peppers and onion and sauté until just soft, about 4-5 minutes.
Set aside to cool.
Toss whole-grain tortilla chips in a food processor and process until finely ground. Mixture should resemble bread crumbs.
Combine all meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and add ground chips and onion mixture mixing well with your hands.
Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and divide meat mixture, evenly, in all cups.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Add your optional garnishes: fried egg, avocado slices, fresh chopped cilantro, and hot sauce, if desired.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 374mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 574IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg