Amazing Cool Whip Chocolate Pie
Cool Whip Chocolate Pie recipe is made with low sugar chocolate wafer cookies, egg whites, and a dairy-free whipped topping.
- 3 egg whites
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup coconut sugar Can also use sucanat or brown sugar
- ¾ cup finely ground chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ½ teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 8 oz container of frozen non-dairy whipped topping Truwhip for a healthier version, but Cool Whip is fine
- Dark chocolate bar for grating on top
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Spray a 9" pie pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and sea salt at high speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. The egg white mixture will be a nice caramel color.
Fold in cookie crumbs, hazelnuts and vanilla extract.
Pour into pie pan and bake for 30 minutes or until center is firm. Cool completely.
Spread whipped topping over pie and garnish with shaved dark chocolate. Serve and enjoy!
Store leftovers (if there are any!) in the refrigerator.
- Getting the egg whites to form "stiff peaks" works best if the bowl is cold.
- You can easily make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free chocolate animal crackers.
- Keep the whipped topping chilled until right before you're ready to add it. Cool whip will slowly but surely destabilizes at room temperature.
- For easier slicing, let pie chill in the fridge for 30 minutes after adding the whipped topping and garnishes.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg