Spicy Baked Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
Jalapeno and banana peppers are stuffed with spicy Chipotle cheddar cheese then baked. This is a great game day snack or party appetizer.
- 15 medium-large peppers jalapeño or banana
- 8 oz Chipotle White Cheddar cheese such as Cabot's, or other spicy cheese, shredded
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp Hungarian sweet paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice peppers lengthwise in half. Scoop out seeds and membrane and discard.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
Stuff peppers with cheese mixture and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
Place pan in oven and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 165mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 452IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 1mg