Easy Cinnamon Baked Apples
This tasty dessert, snack or side dish is perfect to serve for breakfast, brunch, or as a side dish with pork, turkey or chicken.
- 6 apples your favorite type-Mcintosh or Gala bake beautifully, peeled, cored, and sliced into ½ inch slices
- 3 tablespoon blonde coconut sugar you can also use maple sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
Peel and slice the apples.
Place the apple slices into a large (microwave/oven safe) glass bowl with a lid and top with remaining ingredients.
Cover with the lid and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Stir until well mixed and cook another 4-6 minutes more.
Let sit for 30 minutes and serve cold, or reheat to serve warm.
For the oven method, place them in an oven-proof dish, cover and cook at 350 degrees F. for 30-45 minutes, or until apples are soft.
Calories: 141kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 195mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg