Coconut Curry Chicken Soup (Slow Cooker Recipe)
This spicy soup that makes a comforting wintertime meal. Not to mention, it's incredibly healthy and super easy to make.
- 6 small organic boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 27 oz full fat coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp dried basil or fresh Thai basil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped into thin slices
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger or more to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro for garnish
- 2 limes quartered for serving
Brown chicken breasts in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
Stir all other ingredients together except cilantro and lime slices, mixing until paste is completely dissolved. Pour into crockpot over chicken. Fold in onion, mushrooms and pepper and stir well.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Shred chicken into chunky pieces and stir back into the soup before serving.
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 920mg | Potassium: 1030mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1892IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 6mg