Prosciutto Fig Salad with Fig Balsamic Dressing
Prosciutto Fig Salad with Fig Balsamic Dressing is a hearty, healthy dinner salad made with fresh figs. With crunchy walnuts and salty prosciutto, this easy salad recipe will welcome your taste buds with loads of flavor and texture.
- For the Salad:
- 2 cups gourmet lettuce blend arugula, spinach and spring mix
- 8 fresh figs rinsed and sliced in half
- 4 slices prosciutto ham chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- For the Dressing:
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 tbsp fig preserves
- 4 1/3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- dash salt and pepper
In a small sauce pan over medium heat, sauté the minced shallot in the 1 tsp olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
Spoon the shallots into a small mason or glass jar and add all other dressing ingredients.
Screw on lid and shake vigorously until well mixed.
Assemble your salad into two bowls and top with dressing.