Eggless Banana Muffins
An egg-free healthier whole grain banana muffins recipe using Greek yogurt, pureed fruit and coconut oil.
Servings 24 muffins
- 7 ripe bananas
- ½ cup extra virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 cups brown sugar can also use coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener *see link below
- 3 cups Whole Wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 8 prunes
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin sneaky sub for eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder Bob's Red Mill metal free
- 2 tsp baking soda Bob's Red Mill metal free
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips *optional
Mash bananas. In a separate food processor or heavy duty blender (like a Vitamix) blend prunes with yogurt until smooth and creamy.
Mix bananas, coconut oil, yogurt puree, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
Sift all dry ingredients together and
slowly add to wet mixture.
Mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
Spray muffin pans with
cooking spray and fill.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until
toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 24 muffins.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 252mg | Potassium: 283mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 2989IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg