Cheesy Baked Penne Pasta with Pancetta
This easy Cheesy Baked Penne Pasta recipe is a hearty baked macaroni and cheese recipe made with penne pasta, a blend of cheeses, eggs, and diced pancetta.
Servings 8 servings
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta cook according to package directions (I prefer Dreamfields, it's a low-glycemic, low-carb pasta that actually tastes good!)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 oz pancetta finely diced
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese freshly shredded
- 1 ½ cups reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- 1 ½ cups 2% milk
- 4 tablespoon butter melted (or olive oil butter blend sticks)
- Dash ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Boil macaroni according to package, drain and cool.
Saute diced pancetta over medium heat until cooked through and fat is rendered (about 5 minutes or so).
Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, add drained pancetta and all other ingredients (reserving ¾ cup cheddar cheese for topping).
Toss with cooked macaroni and spread into a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 375mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 537IU | Calcium: 335mg | Iron: 1mg