Quinoa Salad with Dried Cranberries
This delicious healthy quinoa salad recipe is full of flavor and texture with a sweet and savory flavor profile. Makes a great side dish!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth you can also use beef, or vegetable broth for a vegan option
- 1 small head radicchio cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar good quality balsamic recommended
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pistachios chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer under cold water.
In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water and stock to a boil.
Add quinoa and reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer until grains are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Set aside and allow to cool.
Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and add all other ingredients.
Toss to mix and season with salt and pepper.
Serve warm or room temperature.
Store in the refrigerator.
- Always rinse your quinoa. The natural coating on quinoa grains has a bitter, soapy taste. A good rinse gets rid of that unpleasant flavor.
- Be sure to let the quinoa cool to room temperature before tossing it with the remaining ingredients to keep the mix-ins fresh and crisp.
- You can cook the quinoa 1 to 2 days in advance and store it in the fridge until you're ready to assemble the rest of the dish.
- It would be best if you used dried cranberries. Fresh cranberries are too tart and sour.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 317mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg