Southern Style Jalapeño Pimento Cheese
A recipe for jalapeño pimento cheese, a spicy twist on a southern classic. You can leave out the jalapeños for a classic version of this tasty spread.
- 8 oz freshly shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese use the block cheese and shred it, not the already shredded cheese, it makes a difference in the texture
- 8 oz freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup olive oil blend mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup diced jalapenos thoroughly drained (in the jar- these have a great flavor and softer texture than fresh)
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimento, drained well
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in the bowl of an electric mixer and blend at medium speed until well combined.
Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Store leftover spread in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- I cannot encourage you enough to shred your own cheese. The flavor and texture are so much better with freshly shredded cheddar.
- Be sure to drain the jalapeños and pimentos well. If there's any excess liquid, it may make your pimento cheese watery and unpleasant.
- Not a huge fan of spicy food? That's okay. Omit the jalapeños and cayenne to tone down the heat a bit. Add fresh chopped herbs instead like parsley and chives.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 738IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 1mg