Southern Style Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
A recipe for jalapeño pimento cheese, a spicy twist on a southern classic. You can leave out the jalapeños for a classic version of this tasty spread.
- 1 cup freshly shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese use the block cheese and shred it, not the already shredded cheese, it makes a difference in the texture
- 1 cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup olive oil blend mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup diced jalapenos thoroughly drained (in the jar- these have a great flavor and softer texture than fresh)
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimento, drained well
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in the bowl of an electric mixer and blend at medium speed until well combined.
Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Store leftover spread in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 738IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 1mg