Coconut Almond Energy Balls
You'll love this copycat ball-shaped version of the popular and tasty Larabars. These coconut almond energy balls are made with dried dates, nuts, and fruit.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup raw almonds whole with the skin on
- 3 tsp virgin coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp roasted almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ cups pitted dates
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- dash freshly grated nutmeg *just a dash,nutmeg can be overpowering
- 1 tsp orange zest about one whole orange zested with a microplaner
- ½ cup extra coconut for rolling balls
Put all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and blend until well mixed, nuts should be in small bits and not finely ground.
Add dates and pulse until mixture starts to form a ball and stick together.
Dates should be incorporated and mixture should easily roll into a balls.
Roll balls into coconut and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 18IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg