Mediterranean Tuna Salad Wrap
Tuna salad with a Mediterranean twist made with albacore tuna, artichoke hearts, olives, roasted red peppers, and onion tossed in a lemon dijon dressing.
Servings 4 servings
- 10 oz canned white albacore tuna in water, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 2 roasted peppers from a jar, sliced into strips
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives pitted whole or sliced
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 tablespoon prepared hummus
- 4 whole grain artisan flatbread wraps
- 3-4 pieces romaine or bibb lettuce
- For The Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise homemade is best
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Drain tuna and place in a medium size bowl.
Add lemon zest and set aside.
Whisk together:lemon juice, dijon, olive oil, mayo, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
Pour over tuna and stir to combine.
Lay out wrap bread and spread 1 tablespoon hummus on each piece.
Top with lettuce, tuna mixture, a few slices of roasted peppers, artichokes, olives and red onion.
Fold over and enjoy. This can also be served over greens as a salad.
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 1142mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 459IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 3mg