Avocado Pineapple Salad
A light, sweet and savory Cuban-inspired salad recipe made with iceberg lettuce, fresh pineapple, avocado, and red onion topped with a citrus vinaigrette. A perfect summertime salad.
Servings 8 servings
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 ½ tbsp serrano pepper finely chopped (or jalapeño)- these babies are hot!
- ⅓ cup sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 large avocados peeled and sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 medium sweet red onion sliced thin
Combine olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, and sugar in a blender until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to this mixture to taste and stir in the diced serrano pepper.
Lightly toss the lettuce, pineapple, and red onion together.
Toss the dressing with the pineapple salad until everything is well coated.
Garnish individual salads with a few extra avocado slices and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 433mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 482IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg