Loaded Potato Gluten-Free Stuffed Mushrooms
This loaded potato stuffed portobello mushrooms recipe is a fun twist on regular loaded baked potatoes made with baby portabellos and sharp cheddar cheese.
Servings 16 mushrooms
- 16 oz whole baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded from block
- 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes made from Idaho® russet potatoes
- ½ stick butter melted
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives finely chopped
- 4 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Remove stems from baby bellas and gently carve out the center with a small spoon
In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, cheese, chives, sour cream, bacon, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stir to combine
Spoon filling generously into each mushroom (I use a small scooper) and place mushrooms into a shallow baking dish
Drizzle mushrooms with butter and bake for 30-40 minutes, until lightly golden on top
- Be sure to wipe the mushrooms VERY dry before adding the filling. Any excess moisture may make them soggy.
- If the mushrooms release moisture while baking, blot it away before serving.
- If possible, use mushrooms similar in size (about 2" in width). The filling should be enough to make 16 gluten-free stuffed mushrooms.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg