Flank Steak with Basil Chimichurri
An epic guest post recipe by Dixie Chick Cooks. Just make it! It's delicious!
- 2 ½ lbs. Flank steak I cut mine into quarters
- Coarse salt - for "sweating"
- 1 ½ cups fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil You'll need more later for searing the steaks
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1-2 splashes of Moore's Original Marinade
Begin with the steaks. Sprinkle the shit out of them with the salt and let them sit until both sides are sweating, about 20-30 minutes each side.
Put the rest of ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth; refrigerate until the steaks are ready.
Rinse the steaks thoroughly, and pat dry.
Heat a generous drizzle of olive oil over high heat in a cast iron skillet and add steaks. Splash with Moore's.
Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side at a time, until desired doneness.
Serve with Chimichurri.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 952mg | Potassium: 511mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg