Easy Beef Mexican Casserole
A lightened-up recipe for Mexican casserole made with whole grain corn tortillas, black beans, lean ground beef, and a blend of white cheddar and pepper jack cheese.
Servings 9 servings
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 19 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups frozen shoepeg corn
- 8 oz fresh chunky-style salsa or your favorite canned salsa
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 15 oz can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz Cabot light white cheddar shredded
- 8 oz Cabot light pepper jack shredded
Preheat oven for 350 degrees F. Heat a large skillet on medium heat and cook ground beef until no longer pink.
Stir in enchilada sauce, corn, black beans and salsa
Grease a 9x11 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray and place half of the tortillas in the bottom of the pan and overlap, as needed.
Cover with half of the meat mixture and top with half of the cheese
Repeat with second layer, finishing with the rest of the cheese on top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly
Serving: 1g | Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 13g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g