Sweet Potato Pancakes
A delicious pancake recipe made with sweet potato puree and kefir.
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon natural brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg about ⅛ tsp
- 1 cup plain kefir
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 4 teaspoon expeller pressed safflower oil such as Spectrum brand
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 6 oz pureed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Whisk all ingredients until smooth and let batter sit for 5 minutes
Spray a hot griddle with a little butter-flavored cooking spray and drop pancakes onto hot griddle using a ¼ cup for each pancake.
They are ready to flip when they are starting to bubble.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 5647IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 249mg | Iron: 2mg