Easy Lemon Artichoke Chicken
A fast and delicious recipe for lemon artichoke chicken made with thin chicken breast cutlets, marinated artichokes, fresh lemon juice and parsley. This winner, winner, chicken dinner comes out tender and extremely flavorful!
Servings 4 people
- 4 boneless chicken cutlets *the very thinly sliced ones
- 2 large lemons, zested and juiced *about 1/3 cup juice
- 12 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour *can sub with GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Better Bouillon (concentrated chicken stock)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves *or to taste
Using a microplane zester, zest lemons then cut in half and squeeze lemons for juice (you should have about 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice)
In a large ziplock bag, combine the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder and shake well to mix
Drop chicken cutlets into bag, one at a time, and coat with flour mixture shaking off any excess flour. Set aside
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil
When pan is ready, add the butter, then add the chicken cutlets as soon as the butter is melted.
Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden brown on each side.
Stir Better Bouillon chicken stock concentrate into 1/2 cup hot water until mixed
Reduce heat to medium-low and add prepared broth, drained artichokes, lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest (or more to taste)
Simmer on low heat until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.