Easy Chilled Marinated Shrimp
These citrus-marinated shrimp are great for serving as an appetizer, in shrimp cocktail, or on top of a healthy green salad.
- 1 1/2 lbs large cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup good quality white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or regular sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- dash hot sauce
Whisk together all ingredients, except shrimp, in a large bowl.
Place cooked shrimp in a large resealable bag and pour in marinade mixture. Seal and chill for 8-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Serve on a platter over lettuce (I used arugula) and serve with toothpicks. You can also serve in single serve glasses with fresh avocado. Garnish with cilantro. Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 763mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2mg